6/22/10

Religion

I'm a Roman Catholic and I love my religion and I love my God. I go to church every Sunday, I have read the bible 4 times in 3 languages. But the one thing I can't stand is religion being pushed onto others. And I absolutely hate religion being used for people's jihad. I may not be all "up to date" on their religion but I know in my religion we don't use that for holy wars or as an excuse for our actions. If we really want to do something its on us not because our religion or our love for our god that "made us" do our actions. I think that its a poor excuse. In my eyes ones religion or one's love for their own God should bring one closer to whatever they believe in, instead of killing others to "be closer" to their God. I think everyone should be peaceful and believe in what they want to believe in as long as they don't kill or hate others. I believe in people compromising and talking things out, instead of using guns, hatred, and violence to get ones point across.